Monday, December 7, 2009

Don't worry. It's finals week and the most productive thing I've done all day is reach 8,000 points on Farkle. (If you are unaware as to what this is, please visit here. And prepare to be addicted.)

When I was in high school, my baby sister gave me a stopwatch. It was nothing special, just one of those cheapo ones that I'm sure she won by selling a certain number of coupon books or something. But it made me remember the times when we'd set up the "Olympics" in our yard and time ourselves running around the house and jumping over the wall in the front yard. Touched, I kept it. That night as I was sleeping I was awakened by an obnoxious chirping noise. The stopwatch was going off. I pushed every combination of buttons I could come up with to no avail. After two minutes, it stopped. The next night, it happened again. Again, I couldn't get it to stop. I stuffed it into my sock drawer, which muffled the beeping to a bearable level. From then on, almost every night I would hear the beeping. Many times I nearly flung that little green watch out the window, but I thought of Andie and just couldn't do it. I'm sure in all reality she had experienced the same problem with the stupid thing, so she passed it along to me, but I kept it regardless.

Anywho, it's been 6 years since she gave me that cheapo stopwatch. And last week when I slept at my parents house, I was awakened by a muted, slightly garbled beeping noise. So I guess not everything made in China is crap. And if you're in the market for a good stopwatch, I'd suggest you look into selling coupon books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home